If Remote app in Apple Watch doesn't response to any commands, you must check first :
1. Check that your iPhone is connected to the same WIFI Network as your TV
2. Check that the application is working on your iPhone
3. Check that you have connected your Watch to your WIFI Network as your TV
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap WiFi. Your Watch automatically searches for networks.
- Tap the name of the network that you want to join.
You can check the connection from the Control Center :
Apple watch uses the iPhone's WIFI connection to execute TV commands, your must keep WIFI always on in your iPhone.
If you still have the same issue, you must remove app from your Apple Watch, restart it and reinstall the Remote app from Watch app in your iPhone.